The Airport Employment Growth District (AEGD) Secondary Plan Area comprises 1,204 hectares of land.
Location: The general boundaries extend between:
- Garner Road/Twenty Road West in the north
- Upper James Street in the east
- Highway 6 as both the most southerly and westerly boundaries in some areas
The AEGD Secondary Plan establishes the phasing, specific land uses, the transportation network, infrastructure requirements, design principles and development standards to guide the development and/or redevelopment of lands in the AEGD Secondary Plan Area.
February 17, 2015 - The Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) approved the AEGD Secondary Plan, based on the Minutes of Settlement signed by the City of Hamilton, Silvestri Investments, Twenty Road West Landowners Group, and Craig Smith.
OMB Approved Secondary Plan
The OMB approved Secondary Plan included revised Land Use Schedules showing lands subject to the Secondary Plan which were added to the City of Hamilton Urban Boundary. Compared to the initial Secondary Plan Land Use approved by Council in 2010, there are four notable geographic differences:
- Addition of land west of Highway 6 and east of Fiddler’s Green Road;
- Addition of lands south of Book Road East, and west of Smith Road;
- Removal of Silvestri lands (south of Garner Road East, north of the Utility Corridor, and west of Smith Road); and,
- Removal of Twenty Road West lands (east of Glancaster Road, South of Twenty Road West, and North of Dickenson Road West) while maintaining a Garth Street Corridor.
Policies and mapping
Urban Hamilton Official Plan: Volume 2 - Secondary Plans Policy & Mapping
- Chapter B-8 - Airport Employment Growth District Secondary Plan (PDF, 207 KB)
- Map B.8-1 - Airport Employment Growth District Land Use Plan (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Map B.8-2 - Airport Employment Growth District Natural Heritage System (PDF, 601 KB)
- Map B.8-3 - Airport Employment Growth District Road Classification Map (PDF, 674 KB)
- Map B.8-4 - Airport Employment Growth District Phasing Plan (PDF, 614 KB)
- Appendix A - Airport Employment Growth District Transit Routes and Trails Maps (PDF, 613 KB)
Related studies and reports
Updated Master Plans
The newly approved Secondary Plan will affect the future needs of the transportation system, stormwater management system and the municipal services network. The purpose of the updated Master Plans is to confirm that the ultimate network recommendations and the potential change in timing and priorities of improvements and service provisions required to accommodate the new land use configurations.
Original Master Plans
As part of the initial Secondary Plan, a supporting Water and Waste Water Master Plan was completed in September 2010, along with a Transportation Master Plan and Subwatershed Study and Stormwater Master Plan completed in June 2011.
Senior Project Manager
71 Main Street West, 6th Floor
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2978
- Date modified: