Hamilton's City Council is considering the purchase of former hospital lands being sold by the Province of Ontario, next to the St. Joseph’s Healthcare Centre, across from Mohawk College at West 5th Street and Fennell Avenue West.
The property includes several existing buildings, notably the 1884 Century Manor, formerly known as East House when it was part of the Hamilton Asylum for the Insane. The property is currently expected to be used for institutional purposes in the City’s Urban Hamilton Official Plan.
Location: View a detailed location map (PDF, 2 MB)
Development Opportunity Study
The City is undertaking a Development Opportunity Study to review the vision and identify potential land use concepts for the property.
The decision whether to purchase the property will be based on the:
- outcome of a visioning process with the City, stakeholders and the community
- financial analysis of a preferred land use concept
The MMM Group and Watson and Associates have been retained to assist the City with this work.
71 Main Street West, 6th Floor
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 1288
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: