Claremont update: Second down-bound lane opening Wednesday, full down-bound closure TONIGHT
Setting Sail is a land use plan for the West Harbour. The Plan focuses on three areas of major change:
- the Waterfront
- the area south of the Canadian National rail yard (Barton-Tiffany)
- the former industrial lands along Ferguson Avenue (Ferguson-Wellington Corridor)
The Secondary Plan was the first of many initiatives for the West Harbour. It establishes the framework for public improvements and private development to promote season-long and year-round enjoyment and appreciation of the waterfront.
Location: Area is bound by York Boulevard to the west, Cannon Street to the south, Wellington Street to the east and Hamilton Harbour to the north.
- February 26, 2014 - Council approved the Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments for Piers 6 and 7.
- February 4, 2014 - Statutory Public Meeting to consider Official Plan amendments to the former City of Hamilton Official Plan (PDF, 2.1 MB) and Zoning By-law amendments to Zoning By-law No. 6593 (PDF, 385 KB) to implement the West Harbour Recreation Master Plan. Staff Report (PDF, 110 MB)
- January 17, 2014 - The City initiated Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments for Pier 6 and 7 to permit some of the uses proposed in the West Harbour Waterfront Recreational Master Plan for these piers.
- December 27, 2012 – Secondary Plan approved by the Ontario Municipal Board (PDF, 2.5 MB)
- June 26, 2012 - A decision on the CN Rail Appeal was issued by the Ontario Municipal Board. By-law 12-163 (PDF, 4.9 MB) and By-law 12-164 (PDF, 827 KB)
- April 2005 - Secondary Plan appealed to the Ontario Municipal Board.
Approved Secondary Plan
Setting Sail Secondary Plan for the West Harbour (PDF, 964 KB)
- Setting Sail Secondary Plan mapping (PDF, 1 MB)
- Transportation Master Plan
- Preferred Land Use Strategy - Staff Report (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Opportunities and Challenges Report (PDF, 4.5 MB)
- West Harbour Concept Plan (PDF, 1 MB)
- West Harbour Waterfront Master Plan (PDF, 11 MB)
- Confederation Park Master Plan
- Acquisition of key properties within the “Barton-Tiffany neighbourhood
- Negotiating the earlylease terminations of Piers 7 and 8 with the Hamilton Port Authority.
- Date modified: