Physical distancing, keeping at least 2 metres (6 feet) away from people who don’t live with you, helps prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Why is it important to physically distance?
- We all need to play our part to protect the health of family and friends.
- Physical distancing – staying 2 metres (6 feet) apart from others – is the best way to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Physical distancing not only protects you, it protects your friends and family as well.
- COVID-19 is mainly spread by close contact with an infected person to others around them. People who are infected may or may not have symptoms.
What else can you do to prevent getting COVID-19?
- Wear a mask or face covering.
- Clean phones and other devices regularly.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose.
Do your part to keep our community and those you love safe and healthy.
Videos of COVID-19's impact
- Date modified: