What to do if you have symptoms of COVID-19
If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 you require an appointment to get tested. Book an appointment through:
- Your doctor
- Hamilton Public Health Services at 905-974-9848, press 2
If you are unsure, contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000
You should also self-isolate, which means:
- Do not leave your home.
- Only leave your home or see other people for critical reasons (i.e., a medical emergency).Do not have anyone come into your home unless it is essential (i.e., a care provider).
- If you require assistance, access services over the phone, online, or ask for help from friends, family and or neighbours.
- Avoid people:
- older than 65 years of age
- with a chronic medical condition (i.e., diabetes, heart and/or lung disease, cancer)
- with a weak immune system
If you are having difficulty breathing or experiencing other severe symptoms, call 911 immediately.
You can stop self-isolating 14 days after your symptoms began AND when you have been symptom-free (i.e., feeling well) for at least 24 hours, or as directed by Public Health Services.
- Date modified: