You can apply to serve on an Committee or Board. Each person can apply for membership on a maximum of two Committees. You must complete a separate application for each Committee.
Available positions to serve on a Committee or Board
Election Compliance Audit Committee 2018 - 2022
The City of Hamilton is recruiting experienced professionals for appointment to their 2018-2022 Election Compliance Audit Committee.
The Committee is required by the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, to consider applications requesting audits of candidates’ campaign finances and third party advertisers. The Committee may be required to appoint auditors and determine if legal proceedings are required as a result of the auditors’ report.
Applicants with a background in accounting, auditing, law, election administration, and/or public administration are preferred.
- have an understanding of municipal campaign finance provisions;
- demonstrate analytical decision-making and excellent communication skills;
- have experience working with or as a member of government boards, task forces and/or quasi-judicial bodies;
- have flexibility to attend meetings during daytime and evening hours; and
- be a resident or business owner in the City of Hamilton
- be candidates in the 2018 Municipal Elections; or registered third party advertisers
- have committed to providing professional advice to any person running for office in the City of Hamilton;
- be Members of Council or current employees of the City of Hamilton
Duration: Term to expire with the 2018-2022 term of Council or until such time as a successor has been appointed.
Meetings: The Election Compliance Audit Committee will meet as necessary for the purposes of reviewing an application for a compliance audit or a report from an auditor. The Committee may also meet as necessary to organize and plan its work.
Deadline for applications is Friday, June 15, 2018 at 4:30 pm
- Date modified: