About the group
The Line Fences Act provides a procedure for the resolution of line fence disputes between owners of adjoining properties within the rural boundary of the City of Hamilton. Fence viewers are required to arbitrate this procedure.
- Shane Clair
- Ron Jones
- Robert Kominar
Phone: 905-546-2424 x2743
Email: [email protected]
Terms of Reference
Reports to: City Clerk
Meeting schedule: As required
Composition: 5 citizens required
Prior experience in the following would be an asset:
- reviewing plans/surveys;
- conducting on-site inspections to ensure compliance with provincial legislation
- dispute resolution skills
Roles and Responsibilities
- Individuals appointed as Fence viewers will be provided an overview of the requirements under the Line Fences Act prior to being called upon to attend a fence viewing arbitration procedure.
- Fence viewers will be called upon as needed. They do not meet regularly or routinely.
- Fence viewers are compensated $90 plus mileage for each viewing, when called upon.
- When Fence viewers are called upon to arbitrate a fence viewing procedure, as determined by the City Clerk, 3 Fence viewers are required to attend a viewing.
- Date modified: