About the committee
- To advise and assist City staff and Council on all matters relating to the designation of property, the review of heritage permit applications and other cultural heritage conservation measures under Parts IV and V of the Ontario Heritage Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.O.18.
- To advise and assist City staff and Council in the preparation, evaluation and maintenance of a list of properties and areas worthy of conservation.
- To advise and assist City staff and Council on any other matters relating to the conservation of listed properties or areas of cultural heritage value or interest.
- To advise City staff and Council on programs and activities to increase public awareness and knowledge of heritage conservation issues.
- To prepare, by the 31st day of January each year, an annual report of the previous year’s activities.
- To participate, where possible, on at least one of the following Working Groups of the Hamilton Municipal Heritage Committee:
- Inventory and Research (Meets monthly for minimum of 2 hours)
- Policy and Design (Meets monthly, or as needed, fora minimum of 2 hours)
- Education and Communication (Meets monthly or as needed, for a minimum of 2 hours)
- Heritage Permit Review Sub-Committee (Meets monthly for a minimum of 2 hours). Membership includes selected members of HMHC, but is completed through a separate application process
- To participate, where possible in other external groups and/or stakeholder committees.
- To participate, where possible in heritage events and activities, such as the Annual Hamilton Municipal Heritage Recognition Awards.
Loren Kolar, Legislative Coordinator
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2604
- Councillor Maria Pearson
- Wilfred Arndt
- David Beland
- Graham Carroll
- Alissa Denham-Robinson
- Charles Dimitry
- Walter Furlan
- Kathleen Garay
- Mark-Anderson McGaw
- Timothy Ritchie
- Ron Sinclair
- Kathy Stacey
- Terri Wallis
Terms of Reference
Committee type: Sub-Committee
Reports to: Planning Committee
Meeting schedule: 3rd Thursday of the month at 12 noon, City Hall
Composition: 3 members of Council & 11 citizens
- 1 resident of the former Town of Ancaster
- 1 resident of the former Town of Dundas
- 1 resident of the former Town of Flamborough
- 1 resident of the former Town of Glanbrook
- 1 resident of the former Town of Stoney Creek
- 4 residents of the former City of Hamilton
- 2 citizens at large
- Date modified: