About the committee
- Reviews, provides input and approves reports brought forward from the LRT Office.
- Provides input and guidance to the project team on significant issues and decisions.
- Engages the broader community on a regular basis throughout the design, planning and construction process of the LRT.
Committee type: Sub-Committee
Reports to: General Issues Committee
Meeting schedule: every two months or 6 times per year
Terms of Reference
On May 26, 2015, the Government of Ontario announced a $1B investment for light rail transit (LRT) in the City of Hamilton. The B-Line route for the LRT would be from McMaster University to Queenston Circle, with another line connecting the West Harbour GO Station. A pedestrian walkway would connect passengers to the Hamilton GO Centre.
Council at its meeting of May 27, 2015 passed a Motion brought by Councillor Merulla, Item 7.5 respecting Fostering the Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project that required the following:
a) That the City Manager be directed to report back on creating an office to facilitate the Light Rail Transit (LRT) project, working closely with Metrolinx;
b) That a Light Rail Transit (LRT) Sub-Committee of Council be struck; and
c) That the affected Councillors along the B-Line corridor be asked to participate on the Light Rail Transit (LRT) Sub-Committee.
Voting and Attendance: A quorum for the purposes of voting shall be 50% plus one (1) of the Sub-Committee members.
Carrie McIntosh, Legislative Coordinator
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2729
Email: [email protected]
Committee membership 2014 - 2018
- Mayor Fred Eisenberger (Chair, ex-officio)
- Councillor Maureen Wilson
- Councillor Jason Farr
- Councillor Nrinder Nann
- Councillor Sam Merulla
- Councillor Russ Powers
- Councillor Lloyd Ferguson
- Councillor J. P. Danko
Other representatives of the community - key stakeholders, will be asked to attend as advisors to the Sub-committee. These can include, but are not limited to the:
- Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
- Hamilton-Halton Home Builders Association
- institutional and business partners
- Date modified: