About the committee
As a means of increasing Hamilton’s international visibility and name recognition, the City of Hamilton applied for “Intelligent Communities” designation to the Intelligent Communities Forum (ICF). ICF is a non-profit group that examines the capability of individual cities to prosper in a Broad Band Economy and designates some of them as “Intelligent Communities.”
The Mayor’s Intelligent Community Sub-Committee will provide the leadership and direction to explore and address Hamilton’s weaknesses while leveraging the strengths, as they relate to an Intelligent Community.
Specific objectives include:
- Examine and assess Hamilton’s IT infrastructure.
- Develop a City-Wide digital strategy, supported by an action plan.
- Improve Hamilton’s strengths and assets as they pertain to ICF indicators.
Committee type: Sub-committee
Meeting schedule: Quarterly meetings
Loren Kolar, Legislative Coordinator
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2604
Email: [email protected]
- Mayor Fred Eisenberger
- Councillor Judi Partridge
- Councillor John-Paul Danko
- Kevin Browne, Innovation and Technology Committee Chair, Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
- John Preston, Associate Dean and External Relations, Faculty of Engineering, McMaster University
- Ted Scott, Chief Innovation Officer, Mohawk College
- Mark Farrow, Chief Information Officer, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
- David Carter, Executive Director, Innovation Factory
- Maria McChesney, Director of Information Technology
- John Hertel, Director, Enterprise Management and Revenue Generation
- Cindy Mercanti, Director, Customer Service, Access and Equity
- Gordon McGuire, Manager, Geomatics/Corridor Management, Public Works
- Chris Moore, Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
- Andrea McKinney, Director of Communications and Intergovernmental Affairs
- Andy Zimmerman, Senior Communications Officer, Social Media & Marketing
- Ali Sabourin, Strategic and Business Planning Coordinator
- Jeffrey Cowan, VP & CTO, HCE Telecom
- Rob McCann, Intelligent Community Forum
- A representative of Clearcable Networks
- Date modified: