About the committee
To work with interested stakeholders to assist with the implementation of an approach to enforcement and legalization of appropriate rental housing including, but not limited to, process, fees and by-law regulations.
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2604
Email: [email protected]
- Councillor Nrinder Nann
- Councillor Terry Whitehead
- Councillor John-Paul Danko
- Councillor Maureen Wilson
- Sandra Bedawed
- Sherry Parsley
- Nigel Warren
- Larry Huibers, Housing Help Centre
- C. Michael Ollier, Legal Aid Community: Hamilton Community Legal Clinic
- Arun Pathak, Hamilton & District Apartment Association (HDAA)
- Wendy Stewart, Realtors Association of Hamilton-Burlington (RAHB)
- Don Jaffray, Social Planning & Research Council of Hamilton
- Brayden Spjuth, Mohawk Students Association
- Shemar Hackett, McMaster Students Association
- Kenneth Moyle, Independent member
Terms of Reference
Committee type: Sub-Committee
Reports to: Planning Committee
Meeting schedule: Quarterly meetings at the call of the Chair.
- Three (3) members of Council appointed by Council
- A representative of the Realtors Association of Hamilton-Burlington (RAHB)
- A representative of the Hamilton and District Apartment Association (HDAA)
- An independent member who is an operator of a low density rental housing operation
- A representative of the Legal Aid Community
- A representative of the Housing Help Centre
- A representative of the Social Planning and Research Council of Hamilton
Technical support will be provided by staff of the Parking and By-Law Services Division, with advice by Legal Services staff as required. The Clerk’s Division shall provide for the administrative costs of operating the Sub-Committee meetings and legislative support.
Meetings & Agenda
- The Rental Housing Sub-Committee shall meet at the call of the Chair.
- The meetings shall be open to the public, and shall be advertised one week in advance of a scheduled meeting.
- The Sub-Committee Chair shall propose the agenda. The Chair may grant requests for discussion of items not on the Agenda.
- The Sub-Committee will follow all processes and procedures established in the City of Hamilton Procedural By-law.
Amedments to the terms of reference
The Terms of Reference may be amended periodically by consensus of the Sub-Committee and forwarded to the Planning Committee for approval. Any amendment(s) to these Terms of Reference shall be forwarded to the Planning Committee for approval.
- Date modified: