A Request to Speak to a Committee of Council is also referred to as a Delegation Request. Please note that this delegation request form does not apply to presentations made under the Planning Act.
How to make a request
- Complete the online Request to Speak to a Committee of Council form. Your request will automatically be sent to the City Clerk’s office. Someone from the City Clerks office will contact you to confirm your request. Call 905-546-4408 if you do not hear back within three days.
- Your request will be reviewed at the next Committee meeting. You do not need to be at the Committee meeting when your request is reviewed.
- Someone from the City Clerk’s office will let you know if your request was approved or denied by the Committee.
- You can write a letter to the Committee with your concerns if your request is denied.
Delegation Request Deadlines
If your item is not on a Committee Agenda: The deadline to submit a request in writing for an item that is not on a Committee Agenda is 12 pm on the business day before the Committee meeting.
If your item is on a Committee Agenda: The deadline to submit a request in writing for an item that is on a Committee Agenda is 12 pm on the business day before the Committee meeting.
July or August Committee meetings: Call the City Clerk’s office at 905-546-4408 before submitting a request if you would like to speak at a Committee meeting during July or August.
Presenting to a Committee
Keep these things in mind if you have been approved to make a presentation:
- The Clerk’s Office will contact you to schedule your presentation if your request is approved.
- Presentations must not be longer than five minutes. If you are using a Power Point presentation you must bring enough printed copies for each member of the Committee. The individual from the Clerk’s office will let you know how many copies you need to bring.
- It is in your best interest to email your presentation to the individual who contacts you from the Clerk’s office, so that your presentation can be set up and tested prior to the meeting.
- It is also in your best interest to bring your presentation on a memory stick or CD, as a back up.
- We will keep a copy of your presentation for the public record.
- One or two people may speak if you represent an organization.
- The Committee may ask questions after your presentation. Speak to members of the Committee as Mr. Mayor or Councillor (name).
- We record and post all presentations on the City’s website.
- Date modified: