About the committee
The Rural Ontario Municipal Association (ROMA) is the rural arm of the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO). The association is an integral part of AMO and a number of its Executive Members serve on the AMO Board of Directors. Policy, research and advocacy activities are undertaken by ROMA through AMO. Matters which affect rural communities are brought to the attention of the provincial and federal governments, and include, for example:
- The Rural and Northern Plan, that deals with actions that can strengthen these communities and their place in Ontario’s economy
- Infrastructure investment
- Affordable rural drinking water systems
- Nutrient management regulations affecting both the farm community and municipal environmental planning, minimum distance separation and biosolids
- Support for federal fairness to Ontario
ROMA takes pride in promoting, supporting and enhancing strong and effective rural governments. Leadership is provided by the Chair and the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee meets approximately eight times a year at the AMO offices in Toronto.
- Councillor Lloyd Ferguson - Zone 3
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 4408
Email: [email protected]
Terms of Reference
Committee type: Agencies, Boards, Tribunals
Reports to: No direct report to City Council
Meeting schedule: Approximately eight times a year. Visit www.roma.on.ca for meeting schedule.
- Date modified: