Update: Two down-bound lanes open for Claremont Access. Sherman Access is reduced to one lane.
The Construction and Materials Specifications manual contains standards for the construction of roads, sewers and watermains in the City of Hamilton. This document is used as a reference by City staff, contractors, consultants and suppliers.
Printed copies available
You can buy a hard copy of the manual for $99.25 including HST in person at:
Public Works Department
Hamilton City Centre
77 James Street North, Suite 320
Hamilton, Ontario, L8R 2K3
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2971
Method of payment: Cash or company cheque payable to the City of Hamilton. Personal cheques must be certified.
If you would like to be notified of revisions, email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Form 200 General Conditions (PDF,108 KB) - Revised January 2011
- Form 300 General Construction Requirements (PDF,180 KB) - Revised June 2006
- Form 400 - Specification for the Installation of Watermains (PDF,227 KB) - Revised April 2014
- Form 500 - Specification for Sewer Pipe and CCTV Inspection (PDF,82 KB) - Revised April 2014
- Form 600 - Granular Fill Materials (PDF, 42 KB) - Revised June 2006
- Form 700 - Specifications for Portland Cement Concrete (PDF, 20 KB) - Revised June 2006
- Form 800 - Specifications for Hot-Mix Asphalt (PDF, 219 KB) - Revised June 2013
- Form 900 - Specifications for Standard Compaction Requirements (PDF, 20 KB) - Revised June 2006
- Form 1000 – Amendments to O.P.S.S. and O.P.S.D (PDF,31 KB) - Revised January 2011
- Approved Products List (PDF,163 KB) - Revised May 2016
- Standard Road Drawings (PDF,10 MB) - Revised April 2012
- Standard Watermain Drawings (PDF,11 MB) - Revised June 2013
- Standard Sewer Drawings (PDF,774 KB) - Revised January 2011
- Standard Park Drawings (PDF,859 KB) - Revised June 2006
Revisions to the Construction and Material Specifications Manual
The following documents include revisions to the manual and revision information sheets:
- Date modified: