Update: Two down-bound lanes open for Claremont Access. Sherman Access is reduced to one lane.
Looking for volunteer members for our Design Review Panel
The City of Hamilton's Design Review Panel is a voluntary technical panel that will provide expert and impartial design advice and guidance to Planning and Economic Development staff on urban design matters of development within Design Priority Areas.
The Design Priority Areas include:
- Downtown Hamilton Secondary Plan Area
- Areas of major change and corridors of gradual change within the West Harbour Secondary Plan Area
- Primary corridors as shown on Schedule E of the Urban Hamilton Official Plan
- Any other large scale project across the City selected by the Director of Planning
The panel is strictly an advisory body and makes recommendations. It does not have the authority to approve or refuse projects or make policy decisions, or recommendations on land use.
The purpose of the Panel is to:
- Give advice and recommendations to staff on potential physical and aesthetic impacts of proposed buildings, landscapes, streetscapes, parks and infrastructure projects
- Improve the quality of design
- Provide supportive creative design responses in new development
- Foster an effective relationship with the development industry
- Increase public awareness about design in Hamilton
There are nine members on this panel that consist of:
- urban designers
- landscape architects
- heritage professionals
- green technology specialists
The recommendations of the panel are forwarded to Planning and Economic Development staff who accept them as input through the planning process and utilize these recommendations to shape the staff recommendation (or in the case of site plans the staff decision) going forward.
Previous panel members
Previous panel members
- Vincent P. Colizza, Vicent P. Colizza Architects
- Robert Freedman, Freedman Urban Solutions
- Mary Jo Hind, Perkins+Will Canada
- J.A.(Sandy) McIntosh, Perkins+Will Canada
- Mario Patitucci, Adesso Design
- David Premi, DPAI Architecture Inc.
- Yasin Visram, Perkins+Will Canada
- James Webb, WEBB Planning Consultants Inc.
- Kiran Chhiba, Dillon Consulting Ltd.
- Richard Witt, Quadrangle Architects
- Date modified: