The Park and Open Space Development Guide (PDF, 4.4 MB) is primarily used by the development community, consultants and city staff.
The purpose of this document is to:
- Identify the design standards.
- Create the option for developers to build parks.
- Ensure that the proposed parkland is efficient and sufficient in size, layout, location, and suitable topography, and supports both active and passive recreation for residents.
- Improve the timing of the delivery of parks and open spaces within the city.
- Promote contact and feedback with the development community on the provision of park and open space resources.
List of Appendices
- Appendix A - Glossary
- Appendix B - Planning Documentation
- Appendix C - Drawing and Submission Standards
- Appendix D - Standard Requirements for Park and Open Space Development
- Appendix E - Internal and External Approvals
- Appendix F - Parkland/Open Space and Trail Development Financing Agreement (PDFA/OSTDFA) and Letter of Intent Templates
- Appendix G - Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED) Principles for Park and Open Space Design
- Appendix H - Playground Equipment Standards
- Appendix I - Spray Pad Standards
- Appendix J - Product and Material Standards
- Appendix K - Approved Tree Species for Parks and Open Spaces
- Appendix L - Park and Open Space Standard Detail Drawings
- Appendix M - Park and Open Space Standard Specifications
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2337
- Date modified: