Hamilton Public Health Services provides support, resources and programs for schools in Hamilton. In addition, public health nurses provide support to all school boards in Hamilton.
Public health nurses in schools
The public health nurses:
- Provide service to Partnership* and Consulting* elementary schools up to one half day per week. We invite all elementary schools in Hamilton to express interest in partnering with Public Health Services to become a Healthy School.
- Provide up to one day per week of service to each secondary partnership school* in Hamilton
- Support Health Action Teams with school-wide health promotion activities
- Provide resources on public health topics such as physical activity and nutrition
- Create links to community resources
Within Hamilton, school public health nurse’s provide service to the following school boards:
- Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board
- Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board
- Conseil scolaire Viamonde
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud
*Partnership and Consulting elementary schools receive service from an assigned Public Health Nurse. To find out if your school is a Partnership or Consulting school, contact your school administration. To express interest in becoming a partnership school email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: