Update: Two down-bound lanes open for Claremont Access. Sherman Access is reduced to one lane.
We recognize that today’s jam-packed curricula places heavy demands on students and teachers. Any field study to a local museum needs to be engaging and effective: it needs to add significant value to what you do in the classroom. Our friendly and knowledgeable programming staff is prepared to assist you in designing a unique educational program tailored to your needs.
Hamilton Civic Museums have aligned current programming to reflect the revised Ontario Curriculum for Social Studies, History and Geography. We are committed to offering the inquiry-based learning style outlined by the citizenship education framework. We invite teachers to contact the museums directly to discuss their needs.
Per student pricing is subject to change.
Scouts, Guides & Community groups
Important links with our museum programs and the Scouting and Guiding Handbooks have been made. If you would like a detailed outline of any of our programs, or if you require a customized program for your group, please contact the individual museum(s) directly.
- Programs have been developed from Specific Expectations outlined in the Ontario Elementary Curriculum.
- Please call or email the sites for a list of Specific Expectations addressed during each program.
- Programs may be modified to suit the specific needs of any group.
- Programs are available for visitors from pre-school to post-secondary.
- Most programs can be adapted to fulfil requirements for English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) programming.
- Most programs can be adapted for delivery to the Kindergarten level.
- Picnic areas, and accessibility information are identified by symbols located within each respective site section.
What you need to know
- Programs are available year-round (unless otherwise indicated), by advance booking only.
- Due to the popularity of our programs, we recommend reservations be made at least two weeks prior to the preferred date of arrival.
- A minimum group charge will be confirmed at time of booking.
- The booking department will call to confirm the guaranteed number of participants three days prior to arrival.
- If numbers change after confirmation, we will charge for the number confirmed or the actual number arriving, whichever is greater.
- 72 hours notice is required for program changes.
- Late cancellations may be invoiced at our discretion.
- Maximum group size varies according to program and site choice.
- Please contact the respective site to make special arrangements to accommodate large groups
- Large groups will be divided to allow more flexibility.
- Recommended supervisor ratios:
- Secondary level programs are 1 to 15
- Elementary level programs are 1 to 10
- Children five and under are 1 to 5
- Supervisors/escorts are admitted free based on these ratios.
- Additional adults will be charged the adult group rate of admission.
- Program fees range from $3 to $9 per participant and are outlined within each program description.
- Program rates are subject to change.
- GST applies to visitors over 13 years of age.
- Please encourage your group members to dress for the weather, and protect themselves from the elements.
- Bus and motor coach parking is available free of charge at most sites.
- Date modified: