The Family Fireworks Sales Permit is not available for purchase at this time.
The sale and discharge of all fireworks and sparklers in the City of Hamilton is prohibited until July 4, 2020 to:
- Prevent large gatherings
- Reduce potential for fires
- Protect emergency response to focus on COVID-19
- Prevent By-law from having additional businesses to inspect during COVID-19
Residents and businesses found to be acting not in accordance with the temporary ban will be subject to a penalty of $500.
Under the City of Hamilton's Regulate the Sale and Use of Fireworks By-Law 02-285, no person can offer for sale, cause or permit to be sold, sell or otherwise distribute family fireworks unless the vendor has obtained a Family Fireworks Sales Permit.
All vendors need to purchase a Family Fireworks Sales Permit from the Hamilton Fire Department to legally sell fireworks. Family fireworks may only be sold two weeks prior to and including the Victoria Day and Canada Day national holidays.
- $231.05 - Retail outlet
- $492.60 - Store
Where to purchase a permit
Location hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Fire Prevention – West Office / FPB Administration – 55 King William Street, Hamilton
These locations may not have personnel on site at all times.
- Fire Prevention – Mountain Office, Station 21 – 365 Wilson Street, Ancaster
- Fire Prevention – East Office, Station 12 – 199 Highway #8, Stoney Creek
- Date modified: