The Hamilton Fire Department must be notified and approve of filming using display fireworks, flame effects and pyrotechnics.
- Arrange to hire the services of an approved ERD (Explosive Regulatory Division) Carded Technician that is authorized to use display fireworks, pyrotechnics or open flame effects.
- Submit a completed information package for review to the Hamilton Fire Department Fire Prevention Services by email to [email protected] and [email protected] to request approval for the anticipated activity. The review process is a paid service. Payment must be received before staff review the application. Contact [email protected] or 905-546-2424 ext 1380 to arrange payment.
- Information packages must be submitted 10 full business days before filming open flame effects or 5 business days for all other requests
- Refer to the following information sheets for information package requirements:
- Request a paid standby fire truck and crew at least 10 full business days before filming. Non-emergency stand-by service must be provided by the Hamilton Fire Department. Private or out-of-town services are not permitted.
- Please provide a detailed location map to determine the response area and type of crew that will be required.
- Please provide the start and end time for the paid standby fire truck and crew so that the Hamilton Fire Department can provide a cost estimate to be approved in advance by the film production.
- Fees: Total amount be invoiced after the event and will include the cost of Non-Emergency Standby for events and Full Cost Recovery for Crew. Payment of fees is due to the Hamilton Fire Department after filming. For more information about fees related to non-emergency stand-by, please visit Fire Permits, Inspections, Reports and Services.
- Date modified: