Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
Do you know what to do if a fire occurs in your home? Now is the time to sit down with your family and prepare a family fire escape plan.
Here are a few things to consider when preparing your plan:
- Include all family members in the development of your escape plan.
- Determine two ways out of every room in your home.
- Feel all doors before opening. If the door feels normal, open it with caution.
- Crawl low if you encounter smoke or heat conditions.
- Have a specified meeting place outside of your home for all family members.
- Call 911 from a neighbour’s house or other safe area.
- Do not go back into your home for any reason. Once you are out, stay out!
- Ensure that your house or business number is clearly visible from the street.
- Date modified: