Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
The Home Fire Safety Education Program is a proactive initiative where firefighters go door to door to conduct home fire safety visits. The goal of this program is to raise public awareness of common home fire safety hazards and corrective/preventative measures.
Many people think a fire will never happen to them. However, each year citizens continue to be injured or killed as the result of fires. Most fire-related injuries and deaths occur in the home.
Do you know what to do if a fire occurs in your home? Let us help you!
Home fire safety visits
Hamilton Fire Department firefighters will be in neighbourhoods across the City knocking on doors to conduct home fire safety visits.
What the visits will cover
- Common home fire safety hazards
- Corrective/preventative measures
- Smoke alarms
- Testing to ensure they are operating
- Installing the required number of smoke alarms or batteries, free of charge
When the visits will take place
- From May until the end of August visits take place during the evenings Monday to Friday and on Saturday mornings. For the remainder of the year visits take place on Saturday afternoons.
What happens if you are not home?
If you are not home, firefighters will leave a Fire Safety pamphlet. If you would like the firefighters to return to speak about fire safety, call 905-546-3382 and leave a message. Your call will be returned within 24 hours.
- Date modified: