Update: Two down-bound lanes open for Claremont Access. Sherman Access is reduced to one lane.
Yellow recycling boxes, called gold boxes, are given to homes that show how they sort their recycling and garbage. They are for people who know which bin their trash, food scraps, papers, cardboard, plastic bottles, glass jars, metal cans and yard waste should go in. They prove it by putting their waste in the right place at the curb.
Winning a gold box is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Register to have your address placed on our list.
- Put your green bin, blue boxes and any trash or yard waste at the curb by 7 am every week.
- Put out one bag of garbage or less at the curb each week.
We randomly select addresses to determine which neighbourhoods get a trash audit.
How we do our curbside trash audit:
- We look at what's inside blue boxes and green bins early in the morning before they're picked up.
- We check for food scraps in your green bin and at least two properly sorted blue boxes (one for paper and cardboard and a different one for bottles, cans and jars).
- We look to see if the right items are in the right bin and that there isn't anything in the wrong bin.
Gold boxes are awarded to super recyclers!
- Date modified: