Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
The City of Hamilton is giving away compost for your lawn, garden and plants. Bring your own pails, shovel, and elbow grease.
Each week throughout the year we pick up your yard waste as part of the curbside yard waste collection program. After it’s picked up, we process it and turn it into nutrient-rich compost. Now it’s our turn to give some of this compost back to you!
How to use your fresh compost
- For vegetable gardens and flower beds, apply 2 cm (3/4" in) of compost and work into the soil.
- For new beds add 2 - 5 cm (3/4" to 2" in) of compost and work into the soil to 12 cm (4 3/4" in) in depth, plant and water accordingly.
- For topdressing apply 1 to 2 cm (1/2" to 3/4" in) of compost to the lawn and lightly rake the compost into the grass.
Saturday, October 3, 2020
7 to 11 am (while quantities last)
Brampton Street Public Works Yard, 2200 Brampton Street, Hamilton
Turner Park, 344 Rymal Road East, Hamilton.
- 2 people per vehicle at pile of compost
- 15 minute time limit loading
- Vehicles will be physically spaced
- Date modified: