The City of Hamilton is giving away compost and woodchips for your lawn, garden and plants. Bring your own pails, shovel, and elbow grease.
Each week throughout the year we pick up your yard waste as part of the curbside yard waste collection program. After it’s picked up, we process it and turn it into nutrient-rich compost. Now it’s our turn to give some of this compost back to you!
How to use your fresh compost
- For vegetable gardens and flower beds, apply 2 cm (3/4" in) of compost and work into the soil.
- For new beds add 2 - 5 cm (3/4" to 2" in) of compost and work into the soil to 12 cm (4 3/4" in) in depth, plant and water accordingly.
- For topdressing apply 1 to 2 cm (1/2" to 3/4" in) of compost to the lawn and lightly rake the compost into the grass.
What you need to know
- Bring your own buckets, shovel, and elbow grease.
- The compost is for residential use only.
- Available while quantities last.
Saturday, September 29, 2018 from 7 to 11 am.
While quantities last.
Rymal Road PW Yard
308 Rymal Rd East
Rennie / Brampton PW Yard
2200 Brampton St
- Date modified: