City of Hamilton provides various programs for juniors (under 18) of all skill levels to play Golf at Chedoke Golf Course. These programs provide juniors with opportunities to meet new friends, enjoy the health benefits of physical exercise, learn to manage their emotions, set personal goals, improve their concentration, learn valuable communication skills all while having fun outdoors. At the same time, juniors will learn:
- Responsibility and Respect
- Honesty and Integrity
- Courtesy and Perseverance
- Sportsmanship and Confidence
Golf programs promote junior golf through summer camps, clinics, free golf and by offering low, affordable membership packages and green fees.
Chedoke Junior Development Program
New for 2021, the City of Hamilton is excited to be introducing a Junior Golf Developmental Program. Space will be limited to 16 juniors (5 - 16 year olds) per week to ensure a proper student to instructor ratio. To avoid disappointment, register early to guarantee the preferred week.
The Simple Path to Teaching Golf
To make it fun for players to learn while staying motivated to improve, the Player Pathway provides the perfect program for kids, parents, and coaches. With an easy to follow curriculum combined with awards, players can progress from beginner to elite player!
- The Player Pathway is a simple to follow curriculum with skills checkpoints to guide development.
- It includes 10 Levels, each includes Putting, Around the Green, Full Swing, Knowledge, and Scoring.
- Award pins provides motivation for success.
- Special “Star Awards” are included for completing Levels 5 and 10.
A progressive learning program that provides attainable goals, awards frequently, while furthering development and skills.
A Solid Curriculum.
Easy to understand books, with simple and effective methods to teach, learn, and advance.
Cost $179.99 (Plus HST)
Rental golf clubs available for $25 per week.
Email [email protected]
In-person Visit the Chedoke Pro Shop
Ages: 5 to 16 years (divided into age specific groups)
- Week 1: Monday, July 12 to Thursday, July 15, 2021 - 9 am to 12 noon - SOLD OUT
- Week 2: Monday, July 19 to Thursday, July 22 2021 - 9 am to 12 noon - SOLD OUT
- Week 3: Monday, July 26 to Thursday, July 29 2021 - 9 am to 12 noon - SOLD OUT
- Week 4: Monday, August 9 to Thursday, August 12 2021 - 9 am to 12 noon - SOLD OUT
- Week 5: Monday, August 16 to Thursday, August 19 2021 - 9 am to 12 noon - SOLD OUT
Chedoke Free Junior Golf Clinics
As a perk of being a City of Hamilton Junior golf member, all junior golf memberships include five weeks of FREE golf instruction with Golf professionals Mark Arnett and Kyle Gibson. These clinics are perfect for all skill levels. Whether just learning the game or simply looking to improve, these clinics have something to offer everyone. Registration is required.
F.O.R.E Golf - Fun. Organized. Recreational. Enjoyment
This 7-week FREE program is offered to juniors of varying skill levels. The F.O.R.E program is suspended for the 2021 Golf season but scheduled to resume in 2022.
- Date modified: