Construction Liens

As a result of changes to the Construction Liens Act, the way a construction lien on municipal lands is filed, registered and preserved has changed.

Liens on construction projects procured after October 1, 2019 on City Lands including roadways, will no longer be registered with the Provincial Land Registry Office. 

Liens must now be filed with the City of Hamilton Clerk’s Office.

How to register a Construction Lien on City property

Complete the appropriate form on the Ontario Court forms page

Submit the completed document in one of the following ways:

Email: [email protected]

File in-person during regular office hours (between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm):
City Clerks Office
71 Main Street West,1st floor
Hamilton, Ontario L8P 4Y5