Please take notice that the Audit, Finance & Administration Committee, at its meeting scheduled for 9:30 am on Thursday, September 5, 2019 will consider amendments to Schedule F1 of the City of Hamilton Procedural By-law 18-270:
- The proposed changes provide additional information to reflect the Office of the City Auditor’s current operating environment:
- Clarifying the powers and protections regarding an Auditor General with references to the Municipal Act;
- Adding risk assessments to the list of consulting activities;
- Changing references from preparing an annual work plan to preparing a multi-year work plan; and
- Adding input from members of the public to the list of sources used to develop the multi-year audit work plan (due to the recent launch of the Fraud and Waste Hotline).
- Adding relevant professional standards that will be used as appropriate, for example standards from the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners for use in special investigations.
Review Report AUD19005 - Office of the City Auditor Charter.
A. Holland, City Clerk
To obtain a copy of the proposed amendments in an accessible, alternate format (e.g. larger print), please contact Angela McRae, Legislative Coordinator, at email@example.com or (905) 546-2424 ext. 5987 no later than Wednesday, August 28, 2019. Advance requests are highly encouraged to enable us to adequately meet your needs.
- Date modified: