Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
November 16 2016
HAMILTON – Effective January 9, 2017 the Ancaster Aquatic Centre will be closed for renovations, reopening in Fall 2017. Funding for this project is provided by the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program in Southern Ontario.
Under the Canada 150 Community Program, the investments will support projects that seek to renovate, expand and improve existing community infrastructure, with a focus on recreational facilities, projects that advance a clean growth economy, and projects with a positive impact on indigenous communities.
“The Ancaster Aquatic Centre has provided recreational programming to the community for the past 40 years. While there have been minor upgrades to the facility over the years, the time has come where it is necessary to renovate the facility in order to bring its amenities up to current accessibility standards (AODA)," said Chris Herstek, Director of District Recreation Operations, City of Hamilton. "The newly renovated facility will be a fully accessible indoor pool and recreation centre that groups, individuals, and families will enjoy for years to come," he said.
The Ancaster Aquatic Centre 2017 renovations will include:
- Reworking existing locker rooms to offer accessible female, male and universal changing areas
- Refurbish existing elevator
- Build a new community room in front hallway
- New reception desk, staff workstations and staff lunch room
- New ventilation systems for change areas and warm pool
- New sound system for large pool
- New energy efficient LED lighting
- Mechanical and electrical upgrades where required
Patrons are encouraged to make use of neighbouring recreation centres for swim programs during the closure:
- Dundas Community Pool - 39 Market St. S., Dundas
- Dalewood Recreation Centre - 1150 Main St. W., Hamilton
- Ryerson Recreation Centre - 251 Duke St., Hamilton
- Sir Allan MacNab - 145 Magnolia Dr., Hamilton
- Westmount Recreation Centre - 35 Lynbrook Dr., Hamilton
For a full listing of facilities and programming visit www.hamilton.ca/recreation
Learn more about the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program