June 21 2017
Hamilton, ON, June 21, 2017 - Two Canada 150 Hamilton 2017 signature events will attract major crowds to celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary. The events will take place on the waterfront Friday, June 30 and Saturday, July 1. Visitors to Celebrate Canada 150 Day and Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta are advised to plan ahead for a more pleasant experience getting to and from these exciting events. Walking, biking, or using the free HSR bus shuttles is strongly encouraged.
HSR Bus Shuttles
Take one of three free bus shuttles from downtown to Bayfront, Pier 4 and Pier 8 on June 30 and July 1. For shuttle maps, visit hamilton.ca/TallShips or hamilton.ca/Canada150Day.
Tall Ships Shuttle
June 30 from 9 am to midnight
Downtown (pick up on north side of King Street West across from Summers Lane) to Pier 8.
Parking Lot Shuttle
(for both Tall Ships and Canada Day)
June 30 from noon to 11:30 pm
July 1 from 9 am to 11:30 pm
Runs between all parking lot locations and all sites.
Tall Ships – Canada Day Shuttle
July 1 from 9 am to 1 am
Downtown (pick up on north side of King St. W across from Summers Lane) to Bayfront Park and Pier 8.
DARTS vehicles and taxis can access accessible parking drop off zones adjacent to Williams Café at Pier 8, Discovery Drive.
- Lock your bike with free secure bike parking service at Pier 8 and Bayfront Park provided by Open Streets Hamilton and Bike for Mike.
- Park your rented SoBi bike at one of several hubs in the area (additional hubs added for the weekend).
- Limited free parking and limited free accessible parking (with valid permit) is available at Bayfront Park and Pier 8.
- Permit only street parking is available for North End residents; vehicles without permits will be ticketed and/or towed.
NOTE: The Bayfront Park parking lots will be closed for approximately 15 minutes after the fireworks are completed on July 1 to allow for the HSR shuttle to exit the park. Those parked in the lot will be asked to remain onsite until after the HSR shuttles have exited the park.
- Pier 4 Park and Bayfront Boat Launch parking lots will not be available for public parking.
- Accessible parking at the Boat Launch is available with a valid accessible parking permit.
- Free off-site parking is available at the following locations with free HSR shuttle buses running between the lots and Pier 8 on June 30 between noon and 11:30 pm and on July 1 between 9 am and 11:30 pm:
Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta - Pier 8, Discovery Drive
- Tall Ships Parade of Sail around Hamilton Harbour beginning at 2 pm with all ships docking at Pier 8 at 4 pm.
- Live music performances on the Waterfront Stage from 6 to 10 pm .
- Free deck tours from 11 am to 5 pm (first come, first served).
- Free family-friendly and nautical-themed activities from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Live music performances on the Waterfront Stage from 6 to 10 pm.
For more detailed information about the Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta in Hamilton, visit hamilton.ca/TallShips.
Celebrate Canada 150 Day - Bayfront and Pier 4 Parks
- Family-friendly programming from 3 to 9 pm.
- RBC Stage at Bayfront Park – Opening Ceremony at 3 pm and live music between 5 and 10 pm.
- Fireworks finale at 10 pm set to an orchestral arrangement performed live by Maestro Boris Brott and the National Academy Orchestra of Canada.
For more information about this event, visit hamilton.ca/Canada150Day.