July 23 2019
HAMILTON, ON – Construction on Cannon St is progressing ahead with operations switching onto the south side of the street beginning today, Tuesday July 23.
Traffic will travel in the lanes on the north side of Cannon St. for the duration of this project. However, due to vertical height restrictions in the far north lane, Cannon St will be reduced to one lane between Wentworth St N and Victoria Ave N.
- The City of Hamilton began a large reconstruction project on Cannon St between James St N and Sherman Ave N in May 2019.
- Cannon St reconstruction involves road resurfacing and Cycle Track improvements, including concrete barrier curbs at selected locations and enhanced pavement markings.
- A completion date will be announced after work required in the lanes once the south side is assessed.
- The Cannon St Cycle Track is currently closed and will remain closed throughout construction. A map showing potential alternate routes to help cyclists plan their travel during construction can be found at: www.hamilton.ca/CannonStImprovements.
- There is no parking along Cannon St for the duration of construction.
The City of Hamilton thanks residents for their patience and cooperation as we complete these important infrastructure upgrades.