September 2 2021
HAMILTON, ON - Hamilton Public Health Services, in partnership with CF Lime Ridge Mall, will be holding back-to-school mobile vaccine clinics on September 3, 4 and 5, 2021 from 10 am to 12 pm and 1 to 3 pm, providing students and their families an opportunity to get their back-to-school supplies and a COVID-19 vaccine.
CF Lime Ridge will provide the first 500 community members, who receive their first or second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at the mobile clinic, a $5 CF SHOP! card, redeemable at thousands of shopping, dining, and entertainment destinations in CF malls across Canada. Community members, born in 2009 and earlier, can walk-in to the clinic – no appointment is necessary – located on the upper level of the mall, near entrance 5 beside La Vie en Rose.
With back-to-school next week, and a return to more indoor settings in the Fall, it’s vital that Hamilton’s vaccination coverage continues to increase and that all Hamiltonians follow public health measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
There are many locations in Hamilton for community members born in 2009 and earlier to get their first and second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, such as a large-scale clinic, primary care-led clinics, mobile pop-up clinics, school-based clinics and local pharmacies. Vaccines can be accessed both on a walk-in basis at many of these locations or by booking an appointment. Information regarding walk-in options, booking an appointment and frequently asked questions are available at hamilton.ca/GetYourVaccine.
“Providing a one-stop shop for families to get their back-to-school supplies and COVID-19 vaccines at CF Lime Ridge Mall means students will be all set when the bell rings for their first classes next week. Everyone in Hamilton needs to do their part in helping to slow the spread of COVID-19 and the Delta variant to protect those who cannot be vaccinated, our children under the age of 12 and other vulnerable community members.”
- Mayor Fred Eisenberger
“The safety of our community of shoppers and employees is our top priority. We’re proud to partner with the City of Hamilton to host a pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinic ahead of the school season to provide another convenient option for community members to get their first or second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.”
- Liem Vu, General Manager, CF Lime Ridge
- As of end of day August 31, 2021, over 76 per cent of Hamilton youth 12 to 17 years of age had received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 63.5 per cent are fully vaccinated.
- On August 18, 2021, individuals born in 2009 and earlier became eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
- Vaccine administration rates may differ based on local context.
- Information regarding COVID-19 vaccine clinics and frequently asked questions are available on hamilton.ca/GetYourVaccine.
- All vaccination planning is based on and contingent on available COVID-19 vaccine supply.
- It is vital that members of the public, even those who have been vaccinated, ensure that public health measures still be practiced until it is safe and said to be safe by the health professionals in all levels of government.