March 18 2019
HAMILTON, ON – The best in the business are readying to judge the best in Hamilton once again. The City of Hamilton announces the jury for the 8th biennial Urban Design and Architecture Awards. The Awards recognize and celebrate excellence in the design of our urban environment.
The 2019 Jury was selected based on their varied discipline, experience and exceptional knowledge. The Awards program will officially launch this Spring. It will encourage owners, urban designers, architects, landscape architects, planners, contractors, engineers, consultants and students to submit their best projects for review.
The City is looking for design projects such as: buildings as well as building additions, alterations, restorations, adaptive reuse, brownfield redevelopment, streetscapes, parks, open spaces, landscapes, ecological restoration and design projects, public art, installations, planning studies and student projects.
The jury for the 2019 Urban Design and Architecture Awards:
- Nadia Amoroso - Landscape Architect - The University of Guelph
- Alex Bozikovic – Architectural Critic / Author – The Globe and Mail newspaper
- David Leinster - Landscape Architect and Urban Designer – The Planning Partnership
- James Roche - Landscape Architect – DTAH
- Betsy Williamson - Architect – Williamson Williamson Architects Inc.
- Steve Robichaud – Director of Planning & Chief Planner, City of Hamilton
“This is a fantastic chance to highlight top design work within the City of Hamilton. I encourage everyone in urban design and architecture – from students to engineers, contractors to consultants – to submit their best work and take on this exciting challenge.” - Mayor Fred Eisenberger
“This is an exceptional chance to highlight the finest design work in Hamilton. We applaud the work of our many talented designers, architects and students who move our industry forward with their work.” - Steve Robichaud, Chief Planner, City of Hamilton
For more information:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 1291