Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
April 6 2017
HAMILTON, ON - April 6, 2017 - The City of Hamilton is reminding motorists to drive safely near construction zones. Construction zones are workplaces and should be treated with respect and consideration to ensure the safety of the people working on site.
Driving safety tips
- Drive slowly and exercise caution
- Watch for stopped or slowing traffic
- Obey the posted speed limits
- Pay close attention to posted work zone warning signs
- Obey people and/or devices that are directing traffic through the area
- Watch for workers and related vehicles and equipment on the road
- Leave a safe distance between your vehicle and traffic barriers and workers
- Stay informed of where construction is happening
- Plan ahead to avoid delays and give yourself extra time for your commute
- Avoid distractions
The Highway Traffic Act states fines are doubled for speeding in a construction zone when workers are present. It is also an offence to disobey stop or slow signs displayed by a traffic control person.
Remember, construction is underway to improve the roads and infrastructure for the entire community. The City of Hamilton thanks motorists for their patience and for driving safely.