June 14 2022
HAMILTON, ON - The City invites street, mural and graffiti artists or artist teams to submit an Expression of Interest to create a series of murals for the Keddy Access Trail. The Keddy Access Trail is a 2.7 km multi-use facility that connects the lower city and escarpment neighbourhoods in the heart of Hamilton.
The Keddy Access Trail Street Art Project aims to address the sense of balance between the natural environment, cycling, pedestrian and vehicular infrastructure, the upper and lower city as well as diverse communities and people by installing murals that reflect Hamilton as a Livable City.
- Expression of Interest submissions are due by Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 5 pm via Hamilton.ca/KeddyTrailPublicArt
- Seven (7) commissions are available for small to medium-scale murals on the concrete barrier walls and seating along the trail, in addition to a signature large-scale mural at the Jolly Cut Underpass. The selected murals will be installed in late August 2022.
- Mural commission fees range from $2,500 to $18,750.
- The Keddy Access Trail Street Art Project is coordinated by local arts non-profit, Cobalt Connects.
- A jury of local artists, cyclists, runners and trail users will inform the mural selection process.
“The Keddy Access Trail Street Art Project is an excellent opportunity for all of our community artists with diverse backgrounds and experience to contribute their talents to an award-winning trail, making it even more engaging for residents to use. Street art is an important feature that helps make our community unique and vibrant, and I look forward to seeing the installations later this summer.”
- Mayor Fred Eisenberger