Was your home hit hard by the recent heavy rainfall on April 20, 2017, causing flooding to your basement?
January 21 2016
HAMILTON, ON – January 21, 2016 – The City of Hamilton is seeking one design professional to serve as a volunteer member of the Design Review Panel (DRP). The Panel provides expert and impartial design advice and guidance to City Planning staff on urban design matters of development.
The DRP is a nine-member Panel represented by members from a variety and balance of disciplines and expertise. To meet the DRP composition outlined in the panel’s mandate, urban designers, landscape architects, planners, heritage professionals and green technologies specialists across Ontario are invited to apply.
"Hamilton is experiencing significant and consistent revitalization across the City and specifically within its downtown and waterfront,” said Jason Thorne, General Manager for Planning and Economic Development. “Hamilton continues to be a focus for investment. Membership on the DRP presents a unique opportunity to weigh in on many different kinds of development across a variety of priority areas.”
These areas include:
- Potential physical and aesthetic impacts of proposed buildings, landscapes, streetscapes, parks, and infrastructure projects
- Supporting creative design responses in new development
- Fostering an effective relationship with the development industry
- Improving the quality of design
- Increasing public awareness about design in Hamilton
Potential candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience and must be registered members in good standing in their respective professional associations. Applicants must also have experience in:
- Municipal Planning System (complex zoning and site plan)
- Large scale urban revitalization projects
- Peer review
- High quality design and sustainable development
- Communicating effectively and impartially within a multidisciplinary panel
The term of the position expires on December 31, 2016.
How to apply
Interested candidates need to submit a cover letter summarizing their qualifications, experience, and briefly explain why they are interested and their CV, by Friday, February 19, 2016 at 4 pm.
Submissions should be sent via email or mail to:
City of Hamilton
Attn: Anita Fabac
71 Main Street West, 5th Floor
Hamilton, ON L8P 4Y5
Visit www.hamilton.ca/drp for more details including qualifications and experience, Design Priority Areas and mandate.