September 25 2020
HAMILTON, ON – The City of Hamilton is advising residents that an employee working at the Flamborough Municipal Service Centre (MSC) has tested positive for COVID-19.
Hamilton Public Health Services notified the City of the positive test result late this afternoon. The employee is currently self-isolating and Public Health Services is in the process of completing contact tracing to ensure all close contacts also self-isolate. The City extends its best wishes to the employee and hopes for a speedy recovery.
The employee worked at the Flamborough MSC between Monday, September 14 and Thursday, September 17, 2020. Although the employee was working with the appropriate face mask and behind a plexiglass shield, since they did have contact with the public, the City is advising residents out of an abundance of caution.
Hamilton Public Health Services will manage any contact tracing that is required, and will connect directly with anyone who is part of the tracing for this case.
The City will be conducting a deep clean of the Flamborough MSC but does not anticipate any interruption to service at the centre.
The City has put a number of measures in place to ensure the health and safety of our employees. This includes the requirement for all City employees and the public to complete COVID-19 health screening prior to entering any City facility.
It is important for residents to stay diligent and continue to practice public health management measures in order to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 in our community. These measures include:
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Staying home if sick, self-isolating from others and getting tested
- Keeping a physical distance of at least two metres from others in your group, unless they are household members or in your social circle of 10
- Wearing a mask or face covering in an enclosed space, especially in settings where it is difficult to maintain a physical distance from others
- Meeting up outside and keeping gathering times short
- Taking extra precautions if people are elderly or have chronic health conditions.
For more information about protecting yourself from COVID-19, visit www.hamilton.ca/coronavirus.