August 26 2021
HAMILTON, ON - The Hamilton healthcare partners continue to make progress in vaccinating members of the community who fall into the Province’s COVID-19 Vaccination Framework. To date, Hamilton healthcare partners have administered 774,780 doses of COVD-19 vaccine – with 79.1 per cent of eligible Hamiltonians receiving a vaccine to date and 71.5 per cent fully vaccinated.
The Hamilton healthcare partners, along with the Provincial GO-VAXX Bus initiative will be bringing the COVID-19 vaccine to even more residents of Hamilton by bringing mobile clinics to neighbourhoods across the city. These clinics will be situated in areas of the city with lower vaccination coverage rates in order to improve access to the vaccine. Individuals 12 years of age or older before the end of 2021 are eligible to receive a first or second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and can walk-in to any of the below clinics. These mobile pop-up clinics will be located outdoors and individuals are encouraged to dress appropriately for the weather.
COVID-19 Mobile Vaccine Clinics (outdoor clinics)
Pfizer & Moderna brands available
Provincial GO-VAXX bus mobile vaccine clinics (outdoor clinic)
Pfizer brand available
With back-to-school a couple of weeks away, and a return to more indoor settings in the Fall, it’s vital that Hamilton’s vaccination coverage continues to increase and that all Hamiltonians follow public health measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
There are many locations in Hamilton for community members born in 2009 and earlier to get their first and second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, such as large-scale clinics, primary care-led clinics, mobile pop-up clinics and local pharmacies. Vaccines can be accessed both on a walk-in basis at many of these locations or by booking an appointment. Information regarding walk-in options, booking an appointment and frequently asked questions are available at hamilton.ca/GetYourVaccine.
- On August 18, 2021, individuals born in 2009 and earlier became eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
- Vaccine administration rates may differ based on local context.
- Information regarding COVID-19 vaccine clinics and frequently asked questions are available on hamilton.ca/GetYourVaccine.
- All vaccination planning is based on and contingent on available COVID-19 vaccine supply.
- It is vital that members of the public, even those who have been vaccinated, ensure that public health measures still be practiced until it is safe and said to be safe by the health professionals in all levels of government.