December 20 2019
HAMILTON, ON – The Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology at 900 Woodward Avenue, is excited to present Magic with Static! on January 18 from 10 am to 12 noon. Tickets are available online for $25 per child and pre-registration is required. This is a supervised drop-off kids’ workshop although parents are welcome to stay if they choose.
A magician never reveals their secrets…but science can! Learn all about the ‘magic’ of static electricity, and the science behind different magic tricks and illusions. Kids will leave with a kit of magician supplies and a secret booklet of illusions to amaze audiences with magic tricks using the mysterious power of static!
- S.T.E.A.M. Saturdays is a monthly workshop series. Each month focuses on a different subject in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (S.T.E.A.M.).
- The Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology is a National Historic Site of Canada and a Civil and Power Engineering Landmark.
- Housed in a 160-year-old Waterworks, the Museum preserves two 70-ton water pumping steam engines, perhaps the oldest surviving Canadian-built engines.
- The museum is open year-round – Tuesday to Sunday 12 noon to 4 pm. Regular admissions rates are: Adult $8.50; Senior/Student $7.50; Child $6; and Family $25.
- 905-546-4797, [email protected]
- For the full list of events presented by Hamilton Civic Museums, www.hamilton.ca/museumevents
- For a comprehensive events calendar, download the City of Hamilton CityApp, for Android and iOS users, through Google Play and App Store
- For high resolution images, contact Brenda Branch at 905-546-2424, ext. 7527 or [email protected]