November 21 2019
HAMILTON, ON - The Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology at 900 Woodward Ave. is excited to present ‘The Shape of Sound’ on Dec. 14 from 10 am to 12 noon Tickets are available online for $25.00 per child and pre-registration is required. This is a supervised drop-off kids’ workshop although parents are welcome to stay if they choose.
In December, holiday music and sounds are all around us. Children between the ages of 7 and 12 are invited to join our museum education staff to experience sound like they’ve never “seen” it before! What’s the difference between noise and music? What is the colour of a sound? Why do some chords sound jolly, while others are downright chilling? Participants will learn the answers to these questions and more, at this workshop with all the bells and whistles!
- S.T.E.A.M. Saturdays is a monthly workshop series. Each month focuses on a different subject in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (S.T.E.A.M.).
- The Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology is a National Historic Site of Canada and a Civil and Power Engineering Landmark.
- Housed in a 160-year-old Waterworks, the Museum preserves two 70-ton water pumping steam engines, perhaps the oldest surviving Canadian-built engines.
- The museum is open year-round – Tues. to Sun. 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Regular admissions rates are: Adult $7.50; Senior/Student $6.50; Child $5.50; Family $22.00.
- 905-546-4797, [email protected]
- For the full list of events presented by Hamilton Civic Museums, www.hamilton.ca/museumevents
- For a comprehensive events calendar, download the City of Hamilton CityApp, for Android and iOS users, through Google Play and App Store
- For high resolution images, contact Brenda Branch at 905-546-2424, ext. 7527 or [email protected]