September 12 2019
Hamilton, ON – The Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology at 900 Woodward Ave. is excited to present the ‘STEAM Saturdays’ kids workshop series from October 2019 to May 2020. The museum will host a drop-off workshop one Saturday each month from 10 am to 12 noon for children aged 7 through 12. Tickets are available online for $25 per child and pre-registration is required. This is a supervised drop-off program although parents are welcome to stay if they choose.
Participants will engage in hands-on experiments, discover the historic Hamilton Waterworks, and make a gadget or craft to take home. Each month will focus on a different subject in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (S.T.E.A.M.).
- The Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology is owned and operated by the City of Hamilton.
- The Museum is a National Historic Site of Canada and a Civil and Power Engineering Landmark.
- Housed in a 160-year-old Waterworks, the Museum preserves two 70-ton water pumping steam engines, perhaps the oldest surviving Canadian-built engines.
- The museum is located at 900 Woodward Avenue, Hamilton and is open year-round – Tues. to Sun. 12 noon to 4 pm. Regular admissions rates are adults: $7.50; seniors/students: $6.50; children: $5.50; infants: free. Family: $22
- 905-546-4797, [email protected]
- View the full list of events presented by Hamilton Civic Museums
- For a comprehensive events calendar, download the City of Hamilton CityApp, for Android and iOS users, through Google Play and App Store
- For high resolution images, contact Brenda Branch at 905-546-2424, ext. 7527 or [email protected]