December 7 2018
HAMILTON, ON – In a partnership with Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), Hamilton Paramedic Service (HPS) will once again be out this holiday season at Hamilton Fortinos locations collecting food and cash donations for the Neighbor to Neighbor food center. Now in its 10th year, this annual event contributes to the Neighbour to Neighbour Christmas Program, ensuring items like holiday meals, grocery gift cards, gifts, stocking stuffers, personal care items and treats can be distributed to Hamilton’s less fortunate.
“This holiday program allows us to continue giving into the winter months after our Paramedic Community Garden has finished providing fresh produce for the Neighbour to Neighbour programs. Our Paramedics are proud to support the Neighbour to Neighbour Christmas Program so that they can ensure that everyone can enjoy all the holiday season has to offer. Participating each year has become an important part of our Paramedics’ holiday season traditions.” - Superintendent Dave Thompson
Hamilton Paramedics will be at the following Fortinos locations on Saturday, December 8th and Sunday, December 9th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 1579 Main St W, Hamilton
- 54 Wilson St W, Ancaster
- 21 Upper Centennial Pkwy S, Stoney Creek
Those unable to attend can visit http://www.n2ncentre.com/donate/ to donate.
- This will Hamilton Paramedic Service’s 10th year partnering with the OPP and Neighbor to Neighbor
- In 2017, 19,414.5 lbs of food were collected
- In 2017, 18,180.33 in cash donations was collected
- In 2018 the Hamilton Paramedic Community Garden grew and donated 1,605 lbs of fresh produce