January 23 2019
HAMILTON, ON – Hamilton Winterfest presents more than 75 events across the city in neighbourhoods, parks, arenas, museums and arts centres from Friday, February, 1 to Monday, February 18 featuring winter-inspired celebrations, theatre, heritage and recreation programming, and much more.
New this year is a series of Signature Events with a unique mobile approach called ‘The Canteen’ that introduces renovated mobile vehicles and a mobile stage by Leaf Box travelling to various locations in Hamilton (full schedule below). Visitors to ‘The Canteen’ can enjoy a custom fire pit, vendor market, live music, storytelling and the HPL Bookmobile, the Rogers Winteractive mobile air hockey tournament, Snowga! (yoga in the snow), hot drinks, food, and even an obstacle course designed for families.
Signature Event Line Up
Winterfest at Gage Park
Saturday, February 2, 10 am to 9 pm
Headliner Musician: Canadian premier of Madison McFerrin
Winterfest at Memorial Park, Waterdown
Saturday, February 9, 10 am to 9 pm
Headliner Musician: Corin Raymond
Arctic Arboretum at Royal Botanical Gardens’ Arboretum
Sunday, February 10, 10 am to 5 pm
Feature: Arctic Arboretum Challenge on a 2km obstacle course designed for families.
Winterfest at Battlefield Park
Saturday, February 16, 10 am to 9 pm
Headliner Musician: ELLIS
“Canadians embrace the winter in so many ways and Hamilton Winterfest brings you close to 100 ways to do it. Neighbourhood pancake breakfasts in North Central, Lumber Jack Games at Gourley Park, site specific theatre with Frost Bites, and so much more. Cobalt Connects is thrilled to be working with the City and more than 50 community groups to deliver an incredible city-wide event.” - Jeremy Freiburger, Cobalt Connects
- Free Hamilton Winterfest branded handwarmers at their favourite coffee shops, retailers and in BIAs across Hamilton.
- Entering its 41st year, Hamilton Winterfest is one of the City’s longest running festivals.
- The City of Hamilton is now co-producing the festival with local non-profit arts service organization Cobalt Connects, who was selected through a competitive RFP process.
- Hamilton Winterfest sponsors:
- City of Hamilton
- Rogers Communications Canada
- The Hamilton Spectator
- Marz Homes
- The Hamilton Port Authority
- The Dairy Producers of Ontario and Gay Lea Foods
- LEAFBOX Concepts
- The Hamilton Community Foundation
- Media City
- Relay Coffee
- Sweet Ontario - Maple Syrup Producers of Ontario
- Long and McQuades
- Master Paints
- Royal Botanical Gardens
- Core Urban Inc.