July 16 2021
HAMILTON, ON – The Hamilton healthcare partners continue to make progress in vaccinating members of the community who fall into the Province’s COVID-19 Vaccination Framework. We are pleased to announce that to date, we have administered approximately 671,208 doses of COVID-19 vaccine. Upwards of 75.7 per cent of Hamiltonians over the age of 18 have received a vaccine to date with 57.5 per cent having completed their vaccine series. In addition, 62.8 per cent of youth ages 12-17 have received a first dose to date and 29.9 per cent have completed their vaccine series.
On July 21 and 22, 2021, community members ages 12 and over are encouraged to “stroll-in” for a first or second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at Gage Park (1000 Main Street East, L8M 1N2). The Ministry of Health outdoor mobile pop-up vaccine clinic will be administering vaccines from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. both days.
Another Ministry of Health outdoor mobile pop-up vaccine clinic will be offering first and second doses for community members 12 and over, who can walk-in on July 24 and 25, 2021, at the Viscount Montgomery Elementary School (1525 Lucerne Ave, L8K 1R3). Hours of operation will be 9:30 to 4:30 pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
Community Ambassadors will be supporting individuals from priority populations in accessing the clinics.
Both clinics will be located outdoors. Individuals are encouraged to dress appropriately for the weather and protect themselves against the sun.
Public Health Services recommends that everyone who is eligible for a vaccination receive the first vaccine that is available to them. We need to work together to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community, to reserve healthcare and hospital capacity and to protect vulnerable populations.
- The Pfizer vaccine is currently the only COVID-19 vaccine that has been authorized by Health Canada for individuals ages 12 to 17.
- Vaccine administration rates may differ based on local context.
- Information regarding walk-in options, booking an appointment and frequently asked questions are available at www.hamilton.ca/GetYourVaccine.
- All vaccination planning is based on and contingent on available COVID-19 vaccine supply.
- It is vital that members of the public, even those who have been vaccinated, ensure that public health measures still be practiced until it is safe and said to be safe by the health professionals in all levels of government.