April 9 2021
HAMILTON, ON - In an effort to offer protection to the Indigenous population from COVID-19, effective immediately, all Indigenous adults in Hamilton are eligible to receive their second doses of COVID-19 vaccination on product monograph (21-28 days). All members from the Indigenous community who have received a first dose will be contacted over the next week with an appointment for a second dose.
Hamilton Public Health Services continues to work with local Indigenous organizations to set up pop-up vaccination clinics for Indigenous people at Perkins Centre, located at 1429 Main St. E., Hamilton, ON L8K 1C2.
Pop-up vaccination clinics for Indigenous people at Perkins Centre
- April 12, 15 & 16
Hours of Operation 1 to 6 pm
- April 14
Hours of Operation 10 am to 3 pm
All adult members (18+) from the Indigenous population can book an appointment for a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination by calling the Public Health Services COVID-19 Hotline at 905-974-9848, option 7. These are all by-appointment only clinics, walk-ins are not permitted. Due to potential call volumes expected at the call centre, we ask that those who are calling for an appointment are patient and call back if the lines are busy.
We need to work together to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community, to reserve healthcare and hospital capacity and to protect vulnerable populations.
- Vaccination phasing and sequencing will continue to be released for additional categories as per the direction of the provincial government.
- All vaccination planning is based on and contingent on available COVID-19 vaccine supply.
- It is vital that members of the public, even those who have been vaccinated, ensure that public health measures still be practiced until it is safe and said to be safe by the health professionals in all levels of government. Public health measures include:
- stay home if you are feeling unwell
- get tested for COVID-19 if you have symptoms or have been in close contact with a confirmed positive case of COVID-19
- limit gatherings to only members of your immediate household
- maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet or 2 meters from others outside of your immediate household
- wear a mask or face covering indoors and outdoors when not able to maintain physical distancing
- wash hands frequently