September 27 2019
HAMILTON, ON – Enjoy a hearty farmer-style breakfast on Saturday, October 26 from 9 to 11 am at the Ancaster Old Town Hall, 310 Wilson Street East, then wander over to Fieldcote Museum to explore the current exhibition, Stories from the Edge, showcasing stories and artifacts of Ancaster's history.
Tickets are $16 for adults and $8 for children (12 & under) for a buffet breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, home fries, toast, juice, coffee and tea, and admission to the museum. Space is limited, book early to avoid disappointment.
- Fieldcote is a cultural heritage centre with an emphasis on the collection, preservation and exhibition of local Ancaster history, the promotion of fine arts and the celebration of natural heritage through beautiful landscaped gardens and rustic walking trails.
- Set on the edge of the Niagara Escarpment, with a bounty of water and resources, Ancaster has attracted humans since the retreat of the last glacier over 10,000 years ago.
- Using 31 stories and artifacts, one for every year the museum has been open, Stories from the Edge offers snapshots of Ancaster’s history from the earliest human occupants to present day.
- For more information about this event, www.hamilton.ca/fieldcote
- For the full list of events presented by Hamilton Civic Museums, www.hamilton.ca/museumevents
- For a comprehensive events calendar, download the City of Hamilton CityApp, for Android and iOS users, through Google Play and App Store
“All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.” - John Gunther