April 8 2020
Hamilton, ON - The public is reminded that the City has suspended all City-run programming and has closed of all City administration facilities, play structures, park amenities, sports fields, City golf courses, dog parks, skate parks, the Bayfront Park boat launch, waterfall locations, several parking lots in high traffic areas in the city, and the escarpment stairs until May 25, 2020.
In the interest of public health and safety, the public is reminded NOT to use any closed areas or remove any City closure equipment at any time. To view affected City services due to COVID-19, visit www.hamilton.ca/covidclosures.
The City remains prepared to respond to emergencies. Emergency response by Hamilton Police, the Hamilton Fire Department, and the Hamilton Paramedic Service is not impacted.
For emergencies involving roads, water mains, sewer systems and safety issues, please call 905-546-2489.
Due to the holiday weekend taking place on Friday, April 10 to Monday, April 13 the following City services will have changes:
Green Cart, Recycling, Leaf and Yard waste and Garbage Collection
- There will be no green cart, blue box, bulk waste, or garbage pick-up on Friday, April 10. Friday’s pick up will occur on Saturday, April 11.
- Regular collection on Monday, April 13.
- Waste must be at the curb by 7 a.m.
- Curbside pick up of leaf and yard waste has been suspended until further notice.
- Community Recycling Centres and Transfer Stations will be closed on Friday, April 10.
To view your collection schedule, visit www.hamilton.ca/waste.
HSR Bus Schedules
The HSR will be operating on a Sunday/Holiday Schedule on Friday, April 10 and the temporary Saturday Schedule on Monday, April 13.
For more information please visit www.hamilton.ca/hsr or call 905-527-4441.
DARTS will be operating holiday service hours on Friday, April 10 to Monday, April 13. All subscription trips on DARTS, with the exception of dialysis, are cancelled for Friday, April 10 to Monday, April 13. If passengers need to travel on this day, they must make an advance reservation to do so. ATS customer service will be closed on Friday, April 10 to Monday, April 13.
Hamilton Farmers’ Market Hours
- Thursday, April 9 - 9 am to 4 pm
- Friday, April 10 - Closed
- Saturday, April 11 - 9 am to 4 pm
- Sunday, April 12 - Closed
- Monday, April 13 - Closed
- Tuesday, April 14 - 9 am to 4 pm