February 12 2019
HAMILTON, ON - Due to today’s weather conditions, the City of Hamilton is advising residents that waste collection is progressing slower than usual. Residents are asked to be patient as their collection may take place later than normal. At this time, front end bin garbage and recycling cart collection at multi-residential buildings is impacted and significant delays may push collection into Wednesday.
In addition to the delay, high winds are occurring and we are asking residents to take the following steps to secure their recycling material and waste containers.
- Wait until 7 a.m. to place garbage and blue boxes at the curb
- Place heaviest items on the top of the blue box to weigh down the lighter items
- Stand up paper or cardboard in the blue box instead of laying it flat
- Keep recyclables below the rim of the blue box
- Don’t use a garbage bin – use a bag instead so the container does not blow around once emptied
Residents who wish to hold back their recycling until their next regularly scheduled collection date may do so. There is no limit to the amount of recycling that can be put out each week.