April 24 2019
HAMILTON, ON – The public are invited to a Mother’s Day Tea Cooking Workshop at Dundurn National Historic Site at 610 York Blvd. on Sat. May 11 from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm. The workshop is suitable for ages 14 years and older and costs $55 per person. Pre-registration is required and tickets are limited.
No other meal conjures up images of the Victorian era more than Afternoon Tea. Participants will work with Dundurn’s historic cooks to prepare nineteenth-century recipes next to our wood-fired range, followed by a visit to Dundurn’s public rooms to discover tea traditions during the MacNab family’s time and explore below stairs to learn the role of servants in preparing and serving tea for family and guests.
- Costumed cooks assist participants with historic recipes
- Workshop introduces participants to history about teas, which is further explored on the themed house tour
- Complete your Mother’s Day enhanced experience with a light tea in the historic kitchen enjoying the baked goods prepared earlier
- View the full list of experiences at Hamilton Civic Museums
- View the full list of events presented by Hamilton Civic Museums
- For a comprehensive events calendar, download the City of Hamilton CityApp, for Android and iOS users, through Google Play and App Store
- For high resolution images, contact Brenda Branch at 905-546-2424 or [email protected]