October 15 2021
HAMILTON, ON – A new mobile community testing site will roll out at the Dominic Agostino Riverdale Community Centre starting next week. The testing site targets an area in the city identified by Hamilton Public Health Services as having low testing rates, high COVID-19 incidence rates, and barriers to accessing current COVID-19 Assessment Centres.
Dates are scheduled for Mondays starting October 18, October 25, November 1 and November 8, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the parking lot of the Dominic Agostino Riverdale Community Centre, 150 Violet Drive, Hamilton.
The temporary mobile community testing site will provide convenient and accessible testing for symptomatic individuals (children and adults) on a walk-in only basis. No appointments are needed at this location. Residents are asked to bring a piece of identification to confirm their identity.
Only individuals who fall within the Ontario provincial guidelines will be tested. Mobile community testing sites are not permitted to and do not provide any swabs or testing required for travel or to attend/participate/gain entry to public events.
Services will be delivered by Hamilton Paramedic Services in partnership with the Hamilton COVID-19 Response Table and HSR. Additional mobile testing sites, including a location to serve the downtown core, are being planned and will be implemented and announced in priority neighbourhoods in the coming days.
- The Hamilton COVID-19 Response Table (Hamilton CRT) is comprised of representation from health and social services. The committee’s purpose is to support a collaborative response to prevent and respond to the resurgence of COVID-19. Assessment and Testing is one of the sub-groups that supports Assessment and Testing planning in Hamilton.
- Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or who have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 positive case, should get tested. COVID-19 tests can be booked online at www.HamiltonCovidTest.ca by calling 905-974-9848, option #2.
- Free DARTS transportation is available to anyone who is symptomatic and unable to travel to an assessment centre on their own.
- Hamilton’s COVID-19 Testing and Assessment Centre locations:
- St. Joseph's Mountain COVID-19 Testing Centre at Mohawk College – 135 Fennell Avenue West, Hamilton
- East End Assessment Centre – 690 Main Street West, Hamilton