Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
March 23 2018
HAMILTON, ON – The City of Hamilton celebrated the re-opening of the Huntington Park Recreation Centre today with an official ribbon-cutting ceremony. City of Hamilton Mayor Fred Eisenberger welcomed Ward 6 Councillor Tom Jackson and City staff to mark the occasion.
- The Huntington Park Recreation Centre closed in July 2017 for renovations. It was last renovated in 1990.
- The project budget for the 2017 renovations is $1.6 million.
- The renovations included:
- New front entrance and accessible reception desk
- New barrier free washroom
- Ventilation and cooling in front community rooms
- Fresh paint inside the facility
- New windows in the pool viewing area
- Replacement of the drop ceiling
- Replacement of most of the HVAC
- New boiler
- New water heaters
- New building automation system
- Artwork cleaned, touched up and reinstalled
- New cladding on facility façade in some areas
- New LED lighting on the exterior
- New gym bleachers
- Painting and updates to change rooms.
- New security system
“Huntington Park Recreation Centre is such a valuable community resource for residents in Hamilton. The recent upgrades make the facility more accessible for the public and, while many of the improvements aren’t visible to patrons, they’re going to make this facility more enjoyable for all.” - Mayor Fred Eisenberger
“I am very proud to say that Huntington Park Recreation Centre has consistently been one of the top utilized facilities in our City’s inventory. Since my time on Council, approximately $5 million of well-deserved renovations has occurred at this popular East Mountain hub.” - Ward 6 Councillor Tom Jackson
“Staff are excited to re-open the Huntington Park Recreation Centre after the recent renovations. This busy facility provides numerous aquatic and recreation programs that benefit the health of the citizens of Hamilton.” - Chris Herstek, Director of District Recreation Operations